There are hotel suites that make you forget about the visits you had planned outside…
Sophia suite at the Carlton Ambassador 4* hotel in The Hague is one of them.
- Located on the 4th and highest floor of the hotel
- Balcony on the two sides of the suite
- 1 dining room with a desk, 1 living room, 1 bedroom
- 2 bathrooms: the first one is next to the dining room, the second one is adjacent to the bedroom and includes a jacuzzi and a sauna
- 3 toilets
The main bathroom
The rest of the hotel
Henricus – the restaurant on the ground floor
One of the residences
What I liked
- The old school vibe of the suite
- The hotel service, impeccable yet with some personality
- The discreet presence of the chimney
- The convenient location of the hotel: as its name suggests, the Carlton Ambassador is right in the middle of the quiet embassy district, at 500 meters from the city centre and 15 mins away by tram (#1) from Scheveningen beach.
What I liked less
- The old system of the light switches and the bedroom switch being accessible…in the living room.
- The wallpaper which needs a bit of redoing
- The almost unfurnished balcony: it didn’t make us want to spend much time out there. It’s a pity for a weekend in August
- The wine available in the room which doesn’t match the standard of the suite
Good to know: meant for a business audience, the suite can be twice less expensive on weekends.
Are you tempted by this hotel? What was the best hotel you stayed at?